Admitted to practice 2009
Prior to joining Hanson Chambers in 2023 Tessa operated her own private practice as a solicitor from 2013 to 2022.
Tessa has experience in all areas of Family Law and has appeared as solicitor advocate in the Federal Circuit Court and Family Court Divisions 1 and 2, the District Court and Supreme Courts of South Australia. Her work in the property jurisdiction of the Family Court has given her experience to conduct litigation in the Civil Jurisdiction.
Prior to the commencement of her own practice, Tessa began her career working in a small criminal firm in Melbourne and worked as an employed solicitor in both Adelaide and Regional South Australia in the areas of criminal law, family law, and wills and estates.
Tessa practises in Family Law, Criminal Law, Civil and Commercial.
Tessa holds a law degree from Flinders University and a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Adelaide.
- South Australian Bar Association
- Law Society of South Australia
- Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Civil and Commercial
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Public Law
- Building and Construction
- Consumer Protection Law
- Contractual Disputes
- Intellectual Property
- Partnership Disputes
- Professional Liability
- Real Property
- Restraint of Trade
- Conflict of Laws / Choice of Law
- Intentional Torts
- Workers Compensation
- Criminal Trials — Prosecution and Defence
- Regulatory Offences
Employment and Industrial Law
- Employment Contracts and Restraint of Trade
- Industrial Disputes and Statutory Employment Rights
- Inheritance Family Provision
- Real Property
- Wills and Probate
- Parenting Orders
- Administrative Law and Judicial Review
- Civil and Human Rights
- Compulsory Acquisition of Land
- Coronial Inquests
- Criminal Assets Confiscation
- Merits Review